- Fully guy wired post and tension cabled rack for the Mac Mini and the Time Capsule. Anything with a spinning disc drive should be hung in the open air to stay cool and quiet.
- Hidden behind the speakers, active digital cross-overs with AES/EBU built into the active amp plugged into the speaker drivers. Check out the Danish company “Ground Sound” looks good.
- Control all this wirelessly using an iOS application.
- Some sort of redundant NAS RAID product like the Drobo FS, DLNA NAS, etc. In a perfect world the Drobo FS only needs one other device on the network to translate DAAP between the music on the server and AES/EBU of the DAC/speaker inputs & that device would communicate with the wifi remote.
- Sonos makes something sort of like this. Logitech’s Squeezebox too. But the PS Audio PerfectWave DAC is essentially what I’m talking here, I think with the network bridge “lens” option it’s over $3k.